Date posted: 04/04/2012
Experience ArtWalk in Billings on May 4!
If you’re staying at hotels in Billings, Montana in the upcoming months, you may be able to experience Artwalk Billings! It’s an opportunity to explore the artsy side of Billings while taking buses around the city. Artwalks are held the first Friday of February, May, August, October, and December.
22 galleries in Billings participate in Artwalk from 5-9pm on five Fridays a year. They host free receptions for local and regional artists while offering art demonstrations, live music and refreshments. You’re welcome to pick up a map at any of the participating galleries or download one from www.artwalkbillings.com to plan your night! You can win gifts by answering map questions at each gallery.
Each Artwalk night has its own unique displays. Galleries are available at Billings Food Bank, Billings Gallery of Fine Art, Cline Fine Art of Montana, CTA Atrium Gallery, Global Village, Good Earth Market, Harry Koyama Fine Art and many more. The Fun Express Bus begins its loop at 5 and 7pm and ends at 9pm at the Good Earth Market/Wetzel parking lot. Many shops and restaurants will be open late to accommodate walkers.
Here is the bus schedule and map to help you plan your Artwalk:
- Good Earth Market - 5:00, 7:00, 9:00 ParkNRide 2nd Ave and North 30th
- Sandstone Gallery - 5:05 and 7:05 2913 2nd Ave North
- Sunrise Studio & Art Gallery - 5:10 and 7:10 (10 minute stop) 2923 Montana Ave
- 2nd Ave & Broadway - 5:25 and 7:25 Visit Cline Fine Art and Billings Gallery
- Prairie Blossoms - 5:27 and 7:27 Visit Global Village and U.S. Bank
- Yellowstone Art Museum - 5:30 and 7:30 401 North 27th Street
- Parking Lot South of 2500 Montana Ave - 5:35 and 7:35 (10 minute stop) Visit McCormick Café, susang, Toucan Gallery, Harry Koyama, Purple Sage, Prodigal Gallery, Navigate Art.
- CTA - 5:47 and 7:47 (10 minute stop) 13 North 23rd St.
- Billings Food Bank - 6:03 and 8:03 (10 minute stop) 2409 2nd Ave North
- Level 504 - 6:15 and 8:15 (10 minute stop) ParkNRide 504 North 20th Street
- Q’s Art & Frame Shop - 6:40 and 8:40 (10 minute stop) 1511 6th Ave North
- Alberta Bair - 6:55 and 8:55